Hollywood Schoolhouse is looking for a full-time Spanish Teacher for the 2021-22 school year.
Hollywood Schoolhouse knows, values, and encourages fearless curiosity. Through a blended program of innovative academics and structured learning, our diverse community inspires students to be academically strong, artistically proud, physically active, and socially grounded.
Hollywood Schoolhouse is a community that nurtures, supports, and inspires students throughout their journey in primary education by balancing the best of progressive and traditional instruction. Our focus on academic excellence through a multifaceted curriculum creates students who thrive – with minds nourished, bodies solid, and voices strong.
We are a community of engaged students, passionate educators, bold leaders, and invested parents who celebrate diversity and the everyday accomplishments that mark each individual’s growth. We work in concert to instill the joy of learning by providing students a safe place to take risks. At Hollywood Schoolhouse, we measure success not only by our graduates’ confidence, poise, and academic strength, but by the truly exceptional citizens they become.
TEACHING AT HOLLYWOOD SCHOOLHOUSE
Hollywood Schoolhouse seeks dynamic educators to teach our students and be a part of the HSH community.
The Spanish teacher position at Hollywood Schoolhouse encompasses the instruction of the following age groups: Early Childhood (Junior Kindergarten), Elementary (K-5), and early Middle School (6th grade). Children at HSH learn Spanish through the Communicative Approach to foreign language acquisition, in conjunction with TPR, and Task-Based Learning—with as much exposure to the language as possible. Grammatical concepts are introduced with increasing difficulty throughout the duration of the program, culminating with the 6th grade curriculum being grammar based.
As so many age groups are attended to, this position requires the ability to quickly change teaching methods, and energy levels based upon the age groups being instructed.
- Implement classroom management techniques to create a nurturing and structured classroom environment
- Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities aligned with California State Standards and World Language Content Standards
- Use an assortment of teaching methods to address the needs of a variation of grade levels, and learning styles
- Use TPR and TPRS instruction to facilitate language acquisition
- Develop and administer a variety of assessments to measure student growth towards goals
- Assess students regularly and refine and differentiate classroom instruction based upon assessment data and student needs
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with teammates, parents, and community members
- Participate in staff development workshops periodically.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Education and a valid California teaching certificate in the area of Spanish (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Spanish teacher (preferred)
- Knowledge of encouraging students to be global citizens and active members of our local communities, linguistically and culturally.
- Desire to continue professional development
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to coordinate multiple tasks and activities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and an ability to keep multiple stakeholder groups, including parents, teachers, staff, volunteers and partners, informed of critical issues, activities and schedules.
- An ability and enthusiasm for promoting the school and its mission to a broad and diverse group of people.
- Excellent work ethic, positive attitude, flexibility and willingness to perform tasks assigned