Hollywood Schoolhouse is looking for a full-time Early Childhood Teacher for the 2019-20 school year.
Hollywood Schoolhouse knows, values, and encourages fearless curiosity. Through a blended program of innovative academics and structured learning, our diverse community inspires students to be academically strong, artistically proud, physically active, and socially grounded.
Hollywood Schoolhouse is a community that nurtures, supports, and inspires students throughout their journey in primary education by balancing the best of progressive and traditional instruction. Our focus on academic excellence through a multifaceted curriculum creates students who thrive – with minds nourished, bodies solid, and voices strong.
We are a community of engaged students, passionate educators, bold leaders, and invested parents who celebrate diversity and the everyday accomplishments that mark each individual’s growth. We work in concert to instill the joy of learning by providing students a safe place to take risks. At Hollywood Schoolhouse, we measure success not only by our graduates’ confidence, poise, and academic strength but by the truly exceptional citizens they become.
Teaching at Hollywood Schoolhouse
Hollywood Schoolhouse seeks dynamic educators to teach our students and be a part of the HSH community.
With Respect to Children
Is responsible for the learning process, the instruction of curriculum, and all student evaluations at the level assigned.
Understands the school’s Mission.
Teaches in accordance with the school’s Mission and educational philosophy.
Guides and counsels children individually and as a class as necessary.
Confers with appropriate school personnel when issues of student concern arise.
Is familiar with the academic, social-emotional, and health history of each child.
Instructs students in fire, earthquake drills and any other emergency procedures as needed.
Seeks helpful input from appropriate school personnel regarding the needs of students.
Helps students develop socially and emotionally, as responsible, respectful persons.
With Respect to Parents
Communicates regularly with parents, keeping them informed of changes in a child’s performance and behavior.
Treats families as people first and works to make them feel known, valued, and encouraged.
Prepares report cards (bi-annually)
Conducts scheduled parent conferences according to the school calendar and other conferences as necessary.
Communicates via email (kaymbu), daily / weekly emails and/or class newsletter as expected per division.
Returns emails within 24 hours.
With Respect to Classroom and Supervision
Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning; an atmosphere where creativity, mutual respect, and self-esteem are valued and modeled.
Develops a classroom management plan that is aligned with the school mission.
Posts class schedules and notices for student viewing, providing verbal explanations as necessary.
Maintains a clean and organized classroom.
Regularly updates bulletin boards and student work in accordance with the curriculum.
Supervises children in and outside of the classroom as required.
With Respect to the School and Administration
Role models clarify and enforce philosophy, standards, and regulations as outlined in the Handbook.
Fulfills additional duties as assigned by the administration.
Prepares for and attends all scheduled divisional meetings and all school faculty meetings.
Shows continued growth and enhancement of skills and knowledge through professional development.
With Regard to the Staff Handbook
Reads and understands the Staff Handbook.
Follows the policies and procedures outlined in the Staff Handbook.
- Child Development Teacher permit (BA in Child Development preferred)
- Two years of successful, full time, lead teaching experience in Early Childhood program
- Demonstrated success working with students
Hollywood Schoolhouse is looking for a full-time Music Teacher for the 2019-20 school year.
The Music Program at Hollywood Schoolhouse is an integral part of our curriculum. We believe that all arts hold an important part of a child’s learning.
We are looking for a teacher that is motivated and comfortable teaching music to young children. We would like this person to be professional and open to the unique aspects of the community. Arts are a vital component to our curriculum and therefore we are looking for a strong leader and open-minded individual willing to jump in and get creative. The following are key components to the job description:
* Maintain a classroom of students who are able to perform in different scenarios throughout the year.
* Follow Common Core and California State Standards in Music for 5-12-year-olds.
* Work closely with teachers to develop curriculum unique to each year.
* Work with both early childhood and elementary coordinators to develop many curriculum related productions throughout the year
* Help Direct and Produce our Spring Musical with the Performance teacher
* Collaborate with Performance teacher for Community Circles
* Maintain positive connections with students, families, and staff
* Maintain professional relationships in the arts community. Look for opportunities for our students to perform and be a part of the bigger art community in our neighborhood.
The ideal candidate should possess, at minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Music or a related field of study, and have at least 2 years teaching music. The candidate should have experience teaching children ages 3-12, putting on performances with this age group and able to integrate core classroom curriculum into production pieces for learning. The candidate should be familiar with Common Core standards, Responsive classroom (or related discipline philosophy), be a team player, be open to diverse learners and comfortable in an independent school setting.
It is our responsibility to employ a diverse group of educators who exemplify excellence in teaching and leadership and teach by example, as well as by pedagogy.
Advancement Assistant (P/T)
Hollywood Schoolhouse is an independent school for grades Preschool-6 with enrollment of 325 students on our
campus in Los Angeles, CA. We are well known for a blended program of progressive and traditional instruction
as well as a strong community that supports students throughout their entire journey in primary education.
The Advancement Assistant reports to the Director of Advancement and is responsible for the day-to-day
coordination and support of development, special events, communications, and Hollywood Schoolhouse’s
grandparent and alumni networks. This position offers a terrific opportunity for a self-starter interested in
gaining experience across advancement functions.
Annual Fund & Donor Relations
• Assists with all mailings
• Tracks fundraising and participation goals
• Coordinates necessary meetings with major donors and the Director of Advancement and Head of
• Coordinates cultivation and stewardship plan for Schoolhouse Fund donors
• Maximizes the corporate matching gift potential among current and prospective donors
• Liaises with vendors and venues as needed
• Manages guest lists and RSVPs
• Staffs special events to process on-site registrations and payments
• Manages ticketing and auction items using auction software for annual gala
• Provides day-of-event support to Parent Association for all on-campus programming
• Edits articles for the school’s blog and website
• Manages production of weekly eNewsletter
• Assists with running school’s social media platforms
Alumni and Grandparent Relations
• Acts as key administrator of school’s alumni portal, collects class notes, encourages alumni participation
in school events, and interacts with alumni and parents of alumni on ongoing basis
• Assists with planning and implementation of annual Grandparents and Special Friends Day
• Processes all gifts received from individuals, corporations, foundations, and organizations
• Generates gift acknowledgement letters, receipts, and pledge reminders in a timely manner
• Provides administrative support to the Director of Advancement
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Excellent word processing, database, Excel, and general computer skills
• Familiarity with Constant Contact or WordPress is a plus
• Ability to collaborate and communicate with a wide range of individuals inside and outside of the school,
in formal and informal settings
• Positive, joyful attitude and ability to demonstrate enthusiasm for the students, mission, programs, and
aspirations of the school
• Ability to represent Hollywood Schoolhouse in a professional, relational, and ethical manner while
maintaining appropriate confidentiality
• Strong time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Effective and open communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a timely manner and handle multiple deadlines
• Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills
• Availability to work some nights/weekends
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse populations, including students, parents, and
• Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction
• Flexibility to occasionally work long hours, including attendance at weekend and evening events
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to Stacey Koch, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com